Medicine Tree Located In Takeo Province
>> Tuesday, November 3, 2009
On my recent trip to Takeo Province to see the topaz gem-stone mining there, I visited a modern Khmer Buddhist temple which also has an ancient, pre-Angkor era (Chenla) brick edifice.
To my surprise, along the margin of the lake that fronted the temple was a group of trees which included the medicine tree mentioned in the previous post, the tree whose only six examples I have ever seen, are found in the center of Phnom Penh.
Now I know that they exist elsewhere. This magnificent example has an intact bark and the monks I asked, not only did not know the name of the tree, they also did not know that the bark was used as a medicine!
To my surprise, along the margin of the lake that fronted the temple was a group of trees which included the medicine tree mentioned in the previous post, the tree whose only six examples I have ever seen, are found in the center of Phnom Penh.
Now I know that they exist elsewhere. This magnificent example has an intact bark and the monks I asked, not only did not know the name of the tree, they also did not know that the bark was used as a medicine!
0 comments:
Post a Comment